Goodwin Student Receives $40,000 Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship
June 16, 2022
Congratulations to our very own Layla Addy, senior student in Information Systems Technology. Because of Layla’s hardwork and awesome programming abilities, under the instruction of Robert Mitchell, she has earned a $40,000 scholarship and paid programming internship at Amazon.
Congratulations Layla!!! We are all very proud of you!
From the Amazon Future Engineers website
The Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship provides $40,000 awards to those pursuing higher education in computer science, along with a paid summer internship as a programmer at Amazon. Apply today to become one of the 100 students that earn this amazing win-win opportunity!”
Applicants are required to take a four part assessment. The sections are:
- Programming Basics
- Programming Application
- Programming Preferences and Background
At Amazon, supporting underserved students in their computer science education is not only important to us–it’s imperative to building a diverse tech industry and ultimately future.
We use a holistic selection process that considers numerous criteria and materials you provide to choose 100 different winners all across the nation. This includes things like:
- How you do in the classroom, primarily based on GPA
- Computer science experience – For example, after-school clubs, competitions, self-taught learning, hackathons and more
- Work experience
- Short answer responses
- Financial need – Usually based on household income
- Teacher recommendation – We’d prefer this to be your computer science teacher if you have one, or a teacher who knows you well
- Racial, ethnic and gender diversity
When you submit your application, we’ll look at all these areas to get a full picture of your fit for this scholarship.
Visit the Amazon Future Engineer website for more information.